Top 10 Tips For Growing Your Business26th May 2016
It’s an exciting time when your hard efforts pay off and your business begins to grow, but it can also be just as stressful and nerve-racking. So how can you ensure that your business grows smoothly and effectively with as few hiccups along the way as possible?
To help you on your commercial travels, we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 tips for growing your business:
- Don’t grow too quickly! Rome wasn’t built in a day, and if you try and rush the growth of your business you’ll find yourself missing deadlines and struggling to keep up – that’s certainly not a good look!
- Focus on what you’re good at – it can be tempting to offer a wide range of extra services or products from the get-go, but if you don’t establish your core product you’ll find it difficult to manage whilst juggling everything.
- Be 100% organised – keep track of EVERYTHING. Create a spreadsheet with every order and its progress; allocate time for marketing, emails, phone calls, meetings, etc.
- Let your passion shine through – the chances are, you’re wildly passionate about your product or service. You’ll soon find that customers will find your passion infectious and they’ll become your #1 supporters.
- Set achievable-yet-ambitious goals – it’s important that you constantly set yourself goals in business. Aim to gain another 1, 10, 100 customers each week to continue your growth and actively work towards each goal.
- Be prolific with your online marketing – social media is a great way to get people talking about your business. Get involved in conversations and provide freephone numbers* should they wish to call you and discuss your product further.
- Be creative – if you don’t stand out, how will someone know to choose you over your competitor?
- Make sure your price point reflects your product or service – charge too little and customers won’t value your product or service; charge too much and they’ll find it hard to justify the cost. Try and work out a price that is lucrative, yet attractive!
- Create scarcity – if people see that your order books are full and you’re in high demand, they’ll want a piece of the action. Just don’t appear ‘chaotically’ busy otherwise they’ll probably go elsewhere!
- Be consistent – consistency is key in business. People expect the same great level of service time and time again. Don’t make promises you can’t deliver or rush jobs just to satisfy an unrealistic deadline.
Finally, the thing to remember when growing your business is to have fun! Be clear with your objectives and work hard to reach them – you’ll soon be reaping the rewards! Don’t forget, NumberSales offers a range of outstanding deals on 01, 02, 03, 0800 and 0845 numbers. To find out more about how a NumberSales number could help your business, click here.
*Numbersales have a range of fantastic free phone numbers, click here to find out more.